Birdsong v1.2 is now available in the marketplace!
v1.2 is all about filling the functionality gap and preparing for copy/paste. So what’s new?
- Multiple accounts – via accounts.
- Geo-tagging – you can attach your location, exact location or a nearby place to tweets.
- Via settings you can control whether to always auto geo-tag all you tweets and whether you want to share your exact location by default. These settings are account specific.
- Configurable timeline font size – via settings.
- Favourite/Unfavourite a tweet.
- Share tweet/DM via Email or SMS
- Delete Tweet
- Delete Direct Message
- Profile page now shows whether a user is following you.
- Threaded conversations automatically scroll to the bottom.
- When viewing an individual tweet or DM, you can select enable copy from the application bar menu which switches the text of the message into copy mode. This is in preparation for the March update that will introduce copy/paste.
- About page (in settings) now links to the @redbadgerteam profile, our support portal (directly within the app) and a direct link to our announcements forum to see what’s new in the release.
What got fixed?
- Certain lists didn’t allow you to tap the header to jump back to the top of the list (like favourites). They do now.
- Retweets now propagate across all timelines not just the one you retweeted from.
- Opening some links in Internet Explorer caused an unhandled exception.
- Some minor translations have been fixed.
- We’ve upgraded to the latest version of Rx (Reactive Extensions). The previous version had a serious bug in that would throw random NullReferenceExceptions. With the new version Microsoft have fixed this.
We hope you enjoy Birdsong v1.2. If you haven’t already got it you can get it in the Windows Phone Marketplace.
We’re already working on push notifications (live tile / toast) to be shipped with v1.3 so watch out for that!