Junior Digital Product Designer
Calling all T Shaped Product Designers! We are looking for a junior design badger to join our great team in London.
Calling all T Shaped Product Designers! We are looking for a junior design badger to join our great team in our Old Street Office based in London.
You'll be on a team accompanied by senior members of design and surrounded by a collaborative cross functional team who’ll help you grow to be a brilliant Product Designer.
We are looking for a problem solver who is able to communicate their ideas in a way that wins over the hearts and minds of our clients as well as your team members. We want someone who is comfortable sitting in a workshop environment and ready to problem solve any design challenge that comes their way.
We don’t want pixel perfection, we want someone fast moving and keen to learn. We are big on pair programming and peer learning so we want someone who is willing to learn more.
We want you to be an integral part of our future and help build on our offering to our clients, which include the Financial Times, Tesco, Fortnum and Mason, Dow Jones and BMW.
Our team has won multiple awards for their work and we would like you to be part of that continued success.
The ideal badger will have:
- A great design eye (typesetting is a bonus)
- At least 1 year’s experience working within design and branding
- Project experience working with pattern libraries and design assets
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven experience of design delivery to a client
- A willingness to work in a client facing role with soft skills including good time management, presentations skills and organisational skills.
- A degree or course in visual or Graphic design would be of great benefit, or equivalent.
- A degree or course in User Experience Design or Human Computer Interaction, or equivalent.
- Highly proficient at Sketch or Adobe Illustrator
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS
Nice to haves:
- Proactive nature to learning new content creation techniques for example animation or video
- Working with UX Designers to communicate design ideas to clients
- Taking part in design workshops to come up with ideas for new designs
- Producing high fidelity mock ups of app designs
- Pair programming with developers to help them build designs.
The best bit about Red Badger is of course the team. We’ve been around for 7 years now and we are nearly 90 strong. We are really proud of our team; we support and learn a lot from each other; we work really hard but have fun doing it. We are a diverse group made up of 16 different nationalities, we speak 17 different languages and unusually for a tech company we have a 50/50 gender split.
We were founded by 3 guys who have considerable tech and consultancy experience and still own 100% of the company. We’ve been consistently profitable and have grown responsibly from the beginning.
We are based at Old Street in the heart of “tech city” and get thoroughly stuck in with the brilliant community around us. We run several meetups including the hugely popular London React.js User Group, and the new Functional Programming on the Web meetup, invite other groups to host their events in our office such as ElasticSearch London and Ladies Who Code and speak at events like Digital Shoreditch and LNUG.
We make sure our team is well looked after with generous salaries and a great benefits package which includes:
- Annual £2K training budget
- Generous Pension
- Group Life Insurance
- Income Replacement Benefit
- Critical Illness Cover
- Private Medical Insurance
- Your choice of hardware and mobile phone
- Matched (pre tax) charity PAYE donations
- Competitive Salary: £30k/annum
To apply for this job, please apply via the link below or send an email to Laura Hasting, firstname.lastname@example.org
Role Posted: 21st September 2017
Closing Date: 20th October 2017
< See all vacancies
How to Apply
If you'd like to know more or you want to apply please get in touch with your CV, Stackoverflow profile, Github, code, portfolio and anything else you think we might be interested in.