Play a key role in shaping the technical direction of both Red Badger and our fantastic clients.
A rich breadth of experience and a passion for best practice are key.
Red Badger is on the lookout for an experienced Technical Director to join our passionate, lean, agile, fast growing and tech-loving team.
As a Red Badger Tech Director you will have a key role in shaping the technical direction and vision for both Red Badger and our clients. We work on innovative projects with amazing frontend design and UX; you will play an integral part throughout the project life cycle from first contact with a potential client, shaping and pitching the proposal, initial inception through to delivery.
We’re looking for someone with a rich breadth of experience, who is equally comfortable talking financial projections or business process modelling as advocating for TDD. You’ll be comfortable designing and articulating solutions and working closely with clients to ensure we’re delivering the right thing in the right way.
You’ll be passionate about moving Red Badger forward and be a champion of best practices, patterns, process and tech. Leadership is not something you do from far away, you get the importance of taking people with you along the journey and are able to influence and coach those around you to orchestrate team success.
You will gain a deep understanding of the client's technical landscape, challenges and opportunities in order to help senior stakeholders shape the technical strategy for the program of work. You will distinguish yourself in the way you articulate this with clients and how you create and deliver robust, scalable, elegant, flexible and relevant software solutions that truly transform industries.
You will support our delivery teams, providing technical input to projects, managing and mentoring our highly skilled and motivated developers and testers.
Like all of our engineers you will be a polyglot with extensive experience across a wide range of technologies and projects and will relish tackling and solving tough problems.
Even if your recent roles have taken you away from being as hands-on as you might like, you've no doubt found other ways to keep your coding skills from getting too rusty and we expect that you'll have had exposure to recent technologies.
Role and responsibilities
- provide technical guidance to the delivery team
- directly guide the technical strategy for our clients and for Red Badger
- build relationships with a range of stakeholders
- assist in mentoring and gathering feedback on Red Badger developers and testers
- work across one or more projects/delivery streams
- explore ways to improve our business relevance for customers
- influence and shape our client portfolio
- build out new technology competencies within Red Badger
- promote doing the right thing and support the team to do so
You will have experience and expertise in the following-
- cloud and virtualization platforms
- infrastructure automation
- different architectures, tools & languages
- working directly with senior IT groups in an advisory role
- acting as an advisor to C-level executives to define and deliver the technical strategy
- guiding clients through today's significant technical challenges
- coding and beginning an implementation to get a project off the ground
About Red Badger
The best bit about Red Badger is, of course, the team. We’ve been around for 7 years now and we are nearly 90 strong. We are really proud of our team; we support and learn a lot from each other; we work really hard but have fun doing it. We are a diverse group made up of 22 different nationalities speaking 17 different languages.
We were founded by 3 guys who have considerable tech and consultancy experience and still own 100% of the company. We’ve been consistently profitable and have grown responsibly from the beginning.
We are based at Old Street in the heart of “tech city” and get thoroughly stuck in with the brilliant community around us. We run several meetups including the hugely popular React London, and the Functional Programming on the Web, invite other groups to host their events in our office such as Lua London and Ladies Who Code and speak at events like Agile Roundabout and LNUG.
We make sure our team is well looked after with generous salaries and a great benefits package which includes -
- Annual £2K training budget
- Generous Pension
- Group Life Insurance
- Income Replacement Benefit
- Critical Illness Cover
- Private Medical Insurance
- Your choice of hardware and mobile phone
- Matched (pre tax) charity PAYE donations
- Open source contribution scheme
Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments ahead of your screening calls or in person interview.
< See all vacancies
How to Apply
If you'd like to know more or you want to apply please get in touch with your CV, Stackoverflow profile, Github, code, portfolio and anything else you think we might be interested in.