What we learned this week:
How to approach people and lower your chances of being rejected.
- Choose a location where people in your target audience are likely to convene. In our case it was a Co-op working space.
- Go right at the end of lunch time when people have finished their food and are more likely to crave sweets.
- Bring candy, brownies, cookies… get creative and place it next to your working space. Try to avoid being creepy. A fan to blow the smel may help catch their attention. Kidding!
- When you ask them the pre-screening questions and find out they are not your target user, its okay to cut the testing short.
- What did you expect to see?
- How did that make you feel?
- Just show up with nothing prepared and wing it.