Agile Product Owner
Do you love solving complex challenges in new and innovative ways? Do you love turning ideas into brilliant digital products?
Whether you have a background in Product Ownership, Product Management, or Business Analysis, we are looking for a talented Product Owner to join our fast growing and passionate team. We work with a wide range of clients, helping them to realise their vision, solve business critical issues, and deliver innovative products with measurable user value.
You’ll be responsible for leading workshops and teams, setting the product vision and working closely with stakeholders and cross-functional teams to define hypotheses, validate ideas using prototypes and deliver new products. You’ll use your knowledge of user needs and business goals to frame problems and set priorities for the delivery teams. You’ll be responsible for optimising the product backlog, ensuring we continue to deliver user benefits with measurable business value. All of our projects use lean/agile methodologies, with integrated teams of creative and technical disciplines. At least three years of working in Agile projects is a must, as is experience with Kanban.
We are looking for a Badger with the following skills:
- A passion for building brilliant products that meet the needs of users and the business, whilst being accessible to everyone
- Creating a succinct product vision and engaging your teams and stakeholders in the development of that vision over time, whilst maintaining the buy-in from the organisation
- Empathy for users, representing them throughout the delivery process and using their feedback to inform continuous improvement and incremental value delivery
- Excellent written, communication & diplomacy skills, including experience with stakeholder management (tech and non-tech parts of the business), communicating timelines and managing their expectations, changes and alignment to product strategy
- Experience writing acceptance criteria and user stories
- Helping teams to manage and visualise outcomes, prioritising work based on data and measurable outcomes, and working to agreed minimum viable product (MVP)
- Defining and prioritising user stories with team’s support and buy-in, championing research & data to focus and guide stakeholders in making crucial product decisions
- An Agile advocate willing to share their knowledge, implement frameworks on new projects, and help our clients become more Agile
- A strategic thinker, with a keen eye for emerging trends
- Working in compliance with the government design service manual
- Works with the team to improve delivery throughput & velocity, and reduce defects
- Experience operating a digital product beyond MVP; knowing what to measure and will focus on continually improving the service
About Red Badger
The best bit about Red Badger is, of course, the team. We’ve been around for 9 years now and we are over 100 strong. We are really proud of our people; we support and learn a lot from each other; we work really hard but have fun doing it. We are a diverse group made up of 22 different nationalities, speaking 17 different languages.
Our 3 founders, Dave, Cain and Stu, who have considerable tech and consultancy experience and still own 100% of the company. We’ve been consistently profitable and have grown responsibly from the beginning
We are based at Old Street in the heart of “tech city” and get thoroughly stuck in with the brilliant community around us. We run several meetups including the hugely popular React London, invite other groups to host their events in our office such as Lua London and Ladies Who Code and speak at events like Digital Shoreditch and LNUG.
We make sure our team is well looked after with generous salaries and a great benefits package which includes
- Annual £2K training budget
- Generous Pension
- Group Life Insurance
- Income Replacement Benefit
- Critical Illness Cover
- Private Medical Insurance
- Your choice of hardware and mobile phone
- Matched (pre-tax) charity PAYE donations
- Cycle to work
- Enhanced parental leave
Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments at any point in the interview process.
Red Badger is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we're dedicated to hiring and developing a diverse workforce.
< See all vacancies
How to Apply
If you'd like to know more or you want to apply please get in touch with your CV, Stackoverflow profile, Github, code, portfolio and anything else you think we might be interested in.