We’re looking for an experienced engineer to join our passionate, lean, agile, fast growing and tech-loving team on an initial 3 month contract. The projects we are working on are innovative with amazing frontend design and UX.
You will be an android expert with experience across a wide range of technologies and projects and will relish tackling and solving tough problems. You’ll be comfortable designing and articulating solutions, working closely with clients to ensure we're delivering the right thing in the right way. Understanding that delivering quality, working software, which meets the user’s needs, is paramount.
- The successful candidate will likely have 5+ years of similar experience
- Strong experience of software development specifically in the development of Android apps
- Excellent technical knowledge of Android, Android SDK and AndroidStudio
- Hands on experience on using Kotlin to develop an Android App.
- Experience with software development in web frontend or backend services (e.g. Node.js, Ruby, Go or other)
- Knowledge of developing trends and emerging standards in mobile apps (Retrofit, MVVM, Clean Architecture Kotlin, etc)
- Experience with source code versioning tools, specifically Git and Github
- Experience with Clean Architecture and MVVM
- Good understanding of RESTful APIs and how to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Experience working with testing libraries (Junit, Mockito)
- Familiar with Continuous Integration (CI) and its use in testing, building and deploying Android apps
- Familiar with security concept and integration is must, like https, cert pinning, encryption and decryption and data protection.
About Red Badger
The best bit about Red Badger is, of course, the team. We’ve been around for 9 years now and we are over 100 strong. We are really proud of our team; we support and learn a lot from each other; we work really hard but have fun doing it. We are a diverse group made up of 22 different nationalities, speaking 17 different languages.
We were founded by 3 guys who have considerable tech and consultancy experience and still own 100% of the company. We’ve been consistently profitable and have grown responsibly from the beginning.
We are based at Old Street in the heart of “tech city” and get thoroughly stuck in with the brilliant community around us. We run several meet-ups including the hugely popular React London, invite other groups to host their events in our office such as Lua London and Ladies Who Code and speak at events like Digital Shoreditch and LNUG.
We make sure our team is well looked after with generous salaries and a great benefits package which includes -
- Annual £2K training budget
- Generous Pension
- Group Life Insurance
- Income Replacement Benefit
- Critical Illness Cover
- Private Medical Insurance
- Your choice of hardware and mobile phone
- Matched (pre-tax) charity PAYE donations
- Open source contribution scheme
Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments at any point in the interview process.
Red Badger is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we're dedicated to hiring and developing a diverse workforce.
< See all vacancies
How to Apply
If you'd like to know more or you want to apply please get in touch with your CV, Stackoverflow profile, Github, code, portfolio and anything else you think we might be interested in.