Red Badger is well known for Delivery. We deploy cross-functional delivery teams who are capable of solving the most complex technical problems. We consistently use lean agile techniques and this is central to our success.
As a Delivery Director, you will take responsibility for maintaining alignment with Red Badger’s way of working and ensuring quality. We are looking for someone with a strong track record of large scale digital delivery to be a part of a Leadership team to help the growth of a Red Badger Cell, which is a smaller business unit within Red Badger. You'll be reporting directly into your Cell’s Managing Director, working closely with a cross-functional Cell leadership team consisting of Cell MD, Tech Director and Product Director.
We love delivering projects and programmes. You will have a proven track record in delivering high quality digital products and have previously held roles such as Delivery Manager, Head of Delivery or Programme Manager. You can clearly articulate the customer value of the work your team has delivered.
You are very focused on data driven delivery and can help a team articulate a project’s status clearly with senior stakeholders. When you see risks to delivery, you help badgers and clients mitigate them, and you’re always looking for new opportunities to add value for clients. You drive sales activities with existing clients as well as prospective clients. You are able to design digital and delivery strategy, and be influential with clients.
You are a leader. You are aware of how the business is being run and champion the Red Badger strategy and fundamentals. You achieve your results often through delegation. You provide clear direction and work closely with other directors to manage the Cell, as well as driving alignment within the Delivery discipline across Red Badger.
- Provide leadership to help define and drive strategic objectives and champion the fundamentals within the Cell and Red Badger
- Line management of Delivery Leads
- Managing stakeholder / client relationships and accounts
- Recruitment and people planning of Delivery Leads
- Leading a sale in order to size, cost and scope a project, from pitch to project kickoff
- Leading and managing commercial agreements
- Working with the Cell Managing Director to drive Cell profitability
- Understanding and contributing to the Cell metrics
- Understanding and communicating the complete value chain (Engineering, QA, UXD, Insights and Delivery)
- Driving continuous improvement and quality
- Driving project delivery
- Monitoring and contributing to client / team satisfaction
- Contributing or leading the delivery discipline
- Setting delivery strategy for the client to solve large scale problems
- Promoting Lean agile methodologies
- Providing delivery leadership to all badgers in the Cell
- Being an ambassador for Red Badger and championing its culture
- Large scale programme delivery experience
- Recruitment and leadership of delivery teams
- Ability to contextualise your decisions to persuade clients
- Experience owning and managing client relationships and accounts
- Experience managing clients and project sponsors
- Creating sales opportunities and driving pitches
- Leading large scale digital transformation for clients
- Some understanding of technology / product and aptitude to learn more
- Good working knowledge of Agile methodologies -
The best bit about Red Badger is, of course, the team. We’ve been around for 10 years now and we are over 130 strong. We are really proud of our people; we support and learn a lot from each other; we work really hard but have fun doing it. We are a diverse group made up of 22 different nationalities, speaking 17 different languages.
Our 3 founders, Dave, Cain and Stu, who have considerable tech and consultancy experience and still own 100% of the company. We’ve been consistently profitable and have grown responsibly from the beginning
We are based at Old Street in the heart of “tech city” and get thoroughly stuck in with the brilliant community around us. We run several meet-ups including the hugely popular React London, invite other groups to host their events in our office such as Lua London and Ladies Who Code and speak at events like Digital Shoreditch and LNUG.
Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments at any point in the interview process.
Red Badger is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we're dedicated to hiring and developing a diverse workforce.
< See all vacancies
How to Apply
If you'd like to know more or you want to apply please get in touch with your CV, Stackoverflow profile, Github, code, portfolio and anything else you think we might be interested in.