We’re looking for an Engineering Lead to join our digital product delivery function. Red Badger delivers high quality digital products using a lean delivery process and multidisciplinary, cross-functional teams.
The Engineering Lead role helps teams succeed in development and operation of digital products, especially in larger projects with multiple teams and complex client organisation. You will be responsible for the technical direction of a client project. You will collaborate with the Principal Design and Delivery roles and engage with client stake-holders on key topics such as continuous delivery, deployment, technology adoption, team structure and responsibilities, and policy to give delivery teams space and autonomy to thrive.
Your depth of insight and experience will also support practice progression within the delivery teams and you will win trust by working with the teams, especially Tech Leads and Delivery Leads, to establish the most valuable enablers to pursue. Hands on work is expected to be a small but essential part of the role as a way to lead by example.
What we need from you is experience in the below:
- Experience with multiple programming languages, in web, mobile and/or frontend
- Experience with establishing good engineering practice focused on lean, cross-discipline, continuous delivery
- Ability to influence senior client stakeholders and support teams with technology and process enablers to support continuous delivery and DevOps ways of working
- Experience with cloud infrastructure such as Azure, GCP, AWS, and understanding of progressive ways of managing infrastructure, such as infrastructure-as-code, cluster orchestration tools (e.g. K8s), GitOps, etc.
- Awareness of system-level architecture approaches and trade-offs in web based systems, e.g. Microservices, REST APIs, CQRS, etc.
- An understanding of information security including common attack vectors, awareness of relevant regulation and restrictions
- Experience with running live services with significant volume of users and establishing appropriate SLOs and error budgets for services and applications
About Red Badger
The best bit about Red Badger is, of course, the team. We’ve been around for 8+ years now and we are over 100 strong. We are really proud of our people; we support and learn a lot from each other; we work really hard but have fun doing it. We are a diverse group made up of 22 different nationalities, speaking 17 different languages.
Our 3 founders, Dave, Cain and Stu, who have considerable tech and consultancy experience and still own 100% of the company. We’ve been consistently profitable and have grown responsibly from the beginning
We are based at Old Street in the heart of “tech city” and get thoroughly stuck in with the brilliant community around us. We run several meetups including the hugely popular React London, invite other groups to host their events in our office such as Lua London and Ladies Who Code and speak at events like Digital Shoreditch and LNUG.
We make sure our team is well looked after with generous salaries and a great benefits package which includes
- Annual £2K training budget
- Generous Pension
- Group Life Insurance
- Income Replacement Benefit
- Critical Illness Cover
- Private Medical Insurance
- Your choice of hardware and mobile phone
- Matched (pre-tax) charity PAYE donations
- Cycle to work
- Enhanced parental leave
< See all vacancies
How to Apply
If you'd like to know more or you want to apply please get in touch with your CV, Stackoverflow profile, Github, code, portfolio and anything else you think we might be interested in.