Red Badger’s Finance department is looking for an experienced Finance Assistant to help support our day-to-day accounting and finance requirements. The small (but mighty!) team of three, currently reports directly into the Finance Director. Confidentiality, excellent organisational skills and accuracy are important for this position, as well as being good at building internal and external relationships and the ability to communicate clearly.
We are one of the fastest growing private technology companies in the UK, which makes this an exciting and important role. You will have plenty of scope to get your teeth stuck in and shape the role outside of your core responsibilities.
- Ensure completeness of timesheet submission
- Prepare accurate timely invoices at month end, highlighting WIP issues. Resolving missing purchase order. Liaise with Project Managers to ensure no errors.
- Provide timesheet training to new joiners
- Responsibility for managing/reducing debtor days - chasing collections.
- Processing payments and expenses. Payment within invoice term.
- Processing payments of tax, meeting deadlines and accuracy of tax references.
- Ensure all VAT is correctly recorded and supporting evidence available for inspection by HMRC (if required).
- Code spend in Xero to each department. Ownership to sub-categorise costs, update forecast trackers and reconcile transactions to Cells
- Managing and processing expenses claims in Expensify ensuring accuracy of payments and policy compliant
- Liaise monthly with payroll company, working with HR to provide monthly upload.
- Support preparation of quarterly VAT returns
- Record and reconcile fixed assets per policy and ensure category allocated and description meaningful.
- Support the team with ad hoc analysis, reporting requirement and internal projects.
- 1-3 years finance assistant/bookkeeping/accounts assistant experience
- Xero experience (ideal)
- Confident using excel (desirable)
- Build strong working relationships with fellow team members
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy in work product
- Self-starter, can identify problems that need solving and solve them
The best bit about Red Badger is, of course, the team. We’ve been around for 9 years now and we are nearly 120 strong. We are really proud of our team; we support and learn a lot from each other; we work really hard but have fun doing it. We are a diverse group made up of 22 different nationalities, speaking 17 different languages.
We were founded by 3 guys who have considerable tech and consultancy experience and still own 100% of the company. We’ve been consistently profitable and have grown responsibly from the beginning.
We are based at Old Street in the heart of “tech city” and get thoroughly stuck in with the brilliant community around us. We run several meet-ups including the hugely popular React London, invite other groups to host their events in our office such as Lua London and Ladies Who Code and speak at events like Digital Shoreditch and LNUG.
We make sure our team is well looked after with generous salaries and a great benefits package which includes -
- Annual £2K training budget
- Generous Pension
- Group Life Insurance
- Income Replacement Benefit
- Critical Illness Cover
- Private Medical Insurance
- Your choice of hardware and mobile phone
- Matched (pre-tax) charity GAYE donations
- Open source contribution scheme
< See all vacancies
How to Apply
If you'd like to know more or you want to apply please get in touch with your CV, Stackoverflow profile, Github, code, portfolio and anything else you think we might be interested in.