Interim Finance Director
Red Badger’s Finance department is looking for an Interim Finance Director to cover maternity leave for 12 months. Join us and play a key role in our small finance team ensuring Management make well-informed decisions to drive stability, growth and profitability. The role combines overall responsibility for the finance and accounting function whilst being a trusted advisor to the COO, a member of the Leadership team and serve the board.
We are one of the fastest growing private technology companies in the UK, which makes this an exciting and important role. You will have plenty of scope to get your teeth stuck in and shape the role outside of your core responsibilities. You will need to be equally happy rolling up your sleeves as you are advising on more complex issues.
Main accounting duties, statutory responsibilities:
- Overall responsibility for finance and accounting function
- Proficient using Xero (accounting and payroll)
- Review of monthly management accounts and reporting , developing and improving
- Review and manage monthly payroll
- Manage auditors, output for audit, preparing annual audited financial statements
- Liaise with external advisors, insurers, Banks & Auditors
- Responsible for all tax disclosures; VAT, CT (inc. R&D claims), PAYE (inc. PSA)
- Responsible for liaising with external Cosec ensuring statutory compliance
- Responsible for pension scheme compliance
- Help support strategy through data driven decision making
- Prep/review financial forecasting model, monthly 12 m reforecasting
- Recommendations to drive profitability
- Produce various ad hoc financial models and report presentations as required
- Maintain/review cash flow, cash management
- Board Meetings prep
- Specific project work (working with COO)
- CA, ACA or ACCA Qualified (or equivalent)
- Xero experience (essential)
- Intermediate+ Excel/Google Sheets (essential)
- Understanding of operational data within a consultancy model (essential)
- Consultancy/agency experience (desirable)
- Excellent communication skills
- Exceptional analytical and logical reasoning
- Self-motivated with high attention to detail
- Commercial awareness
- Ability to take initiative
- Good at problem solving and multitasking
- Able to adapt to a fast changing environment
About Red Badger
The best bit about Red Badger is, of course, the team. We’ve been around for 8+ years now and we are over 100 strong. We are really proud of our people; we support and learn a lot from each other; we work really hard but have fun doing it. We are a diverse group made up of 22 different nationalities, speaking 17 different languages.
Our 3 founders, Dave, Cain and Stu, who have considerable tech and consultancy experience and still own 100% of the company. We’ve been consistently profitable and have grown responsibly from the beginning
We are based at Old Street in the heart of “tech city” and get thoroughly stuck in with the brilliant community around us. We run several meetups including the hugely popular React London, invite other groups to host their events in our office such as Lua London and Ladies Who Code and speak at events like Digital Shoreditch and LNUG.
We make sure our team is well looked after with generous salaries and a great benefits package which includes
- Annual £2K training budget
- Generous Pension
- Group Life Insurance
- Income Replacement Benefit
- Critical Illness Cover
- Private Medical Insurance
- Your choice of hardware and mobile phone
- Matched (pre-tax) charity PAYE donations
- Cycle to work
- Enhanced parental leave
Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments at any point in the interview process.
Red Badger is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we're dedicated to hiring and developing a diverse workforce.
< See all vacancies
How to Apply
If you'd like to know more or you want to apply please get in touch with your CV, Stackoverflow profile, Github, code, portfolio and anything else you think we might be interested in.