We are looking for a Managing Director to lead a Red Badger Cell. Whilst everyone who works at Red Badger is aligned around the same vision and cultural values, the Delivery function of the company is divided into smaller business units, which we call Cells. Each Cell has its own Profit+Loss and autonomy to make decisions on its own - so long as those decisions are made with the aim of furthering our mission, “Let’s make things better”, and in-line with our Guiding Principles. You will lead one of these Cells.
What we need from you, is some experience with the below:
- Large-scale programme delivery experience
- Recruitment and leadership of delivery teams
- Ability to contextualise your decisions to persuade clients
- Ability to empathise with clients
- Experience managing client and project sponsors
- Creating sales opportunities and driving pitches
- Leading large scale transformation for clients
- Strong technical understanding and aptitude to learn more
As this is a Managing Director role, your responsibilities will look something like this;
- Define and drive the strategic objectives of the Cell and Red Badger
- Line management of Cell Directors
- Managing stakeholder/client relationships and accounts
- Recruitment and resourcing of all roles within Cell
- Leading sales pitches; cost and scope a project, from pitch to project kickoff
- Leading and managing commercial agreement
- Managing, maintaining and driving Cell profitability
- Defining Cell metrics and getting your Cell to contribute to meeting them
- Understanding and communicating the value of User-Centred Design and cross-functional teams
- Driving continuous improvement, quality & project delivery
- Monitoring and contributing to client/team satisfaction
- Setting delivery strategy for the client to solve large-scale problems
- Promoting Lean/Agile methodologies
We make sure our team is well looked after with generous salaries and a great benefits package which includes -
- Annual £2K training budget
- Generous Pension
- Group Life Insurance
- Income Replacement Benefit
- Critical Illness Cover
- Private Medical Insurance
- Your choice of hardware and mobile phone
- Matched (pre tax) charity PAYE donations
The best bit about Red Badger is, of course, the team. We’ve been around for 8 years now and we are nearly 100 strong. We are really proud of our team - we support and learn a lot from each other and we work really hard, but have fun doing it. We are a diverse group made up of 22 different nationalities, speaking 17 different languages.
We were founded by 3 guys who have considerable tech and consultancy experience and still own 100% of the company. We’ve been consistently profitable and have grown responsibly from the beginning.
We are based at Old Street in the heart of “tech city” and get thoroughly stuck in with the brilliant community around us. We run several meetups including the hugely popular React London, invite other groups to host their events in our office such as Lua London and Ladies Who Code and speak at events like Digital Shoreditch and LNUG.
Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments ahead of your screening calls or in-person interview.
Red Badger is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we're dedicated to hiring and developing a diverse workforce
Find out more about your new team in our company video.
Want to understand our hiring process? We wrote a blog about it here
< See all vacancies
How to Apply
If you'd like to know more or you want to apply please get in touch with your CV, Stackoverflow profile, Github, code, portfolio and anything else you think we might be interested in.