The main focus of the role is to ensure Red Badger office is a good working environment for all Badgers and our clients.
Your core working hours are 8:30am - 5pm. Your role will start 30 minutes earlier than other colleagues to ensure the office is ready for the day at 9am. The role requires occasional out of hours work, for example letting in workers to carry out building work over the weekend. The out of hours time will be compensated with time in lieu.
Roles and responsibilities
- Answering calls and doors
- Greeting clients/guests and ensuring that they are looked after whilst they are waiting for scheduled meetings
- Ensure the kitchen / office supplies
- Drinks cabinet
- Milk, coffee, tea, fruit supplies
- Kitchen towels
- Emergency kits and medicines
- Ensure the stationery / equipment supplies
- Staff IT requirements (e.g. monitors, mobile phones, laptops etc)
- Mobile phone repairs
- Ensure the appearance of the office
- Organising flowers
- Returning furniture in the original positions every day - it is everyone’s responsibility to maintain the working environment of the office, therefore it should be more of quality control
- Ensure the smooth running of various office functions. You achieve this by understanding the basics of how each function works, and by maintaining the relationship with various vendors who look after them.
- Internet / Wifi
- Meeting room AVs
- Air conditioning and thermostat
- Door security
- Door locks
- Office cleaning
- Office decoration
- Appliances (eg. Fridge, dishwasher etc)
- Arrange and brief temps when on holiday or on training
About Red Badger
The best bit about Red Badger is, of course, the team. We’ve been around for 9 years now and we are over a 100 strong. We are really proud of our team; we support and learn a lot from each other; we work really hard but have fun doing it. We are a diverse group made up of 22 different nationalities, speaking 17 different languages.
We were founded by 3 guys who have considerable tech and consultancy experience and still own 100% of the company. We’ve been consistently profitable and have grown responsibly from the beginning.
We are based at Old Street in the heart of “tech city” and get thoroughly stuck in with the brilliant community around us. We run several meetups including the hugely popular React London, invite other groups to host their events in our office such as Lua London and Ladies Who Code and speak at events like Digital Shoreditch and LNUG.
We make sure our team is well looked after with generous salaries and a great benefits package which includes -
- Annual £2K training budget
- Generous Pension
- Group Life Insurance
- Income Replacement Benefit
- Critical Illness Cover
- Private Medical Insurance
- Your choice of hardware and mobile phone
- Matched (pre-tax) charity GAYE donations
- Open source contribution scheme
Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments at any point in the interview process.
Red Badger is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we're dedicated to hiring and developing a diverse workforce.Find out more about our team in our company video
< See all vacancies
How to Apply
If you'd like to know more or you want to apply please get in touch with your CV, Stackoverflow profile, Github, code, portfolio and anything else you think we might be interested in.