People Partner - Maternity Cover
Fixed-term contract (12 - 14 months) - must be available to start early to mid August 2019
Salary Range: £60k - £75k
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, personable and credible People Partner on a fixed-term contract. Working closely with the Leadership team, the role will own and drive the People strategy, including a number of high-priority projects.
The role reports into the Director of People and Culture and heads up a small People function at Red Badger, with one People Advisor and one People Administrator. The ideal candidate will enjoy forming strong relationships with key stakeholders based on trust and mutual respect while also being hands-on and happy to roll up their sleeves to support the wider business. The role will be working collaboratively with a number of different people across the business in a non-traditional way (we work in agile). The ideal candidate will have considerable knowledge of employment law and employee relations and will be willing to train the People team and act as a mentor for others in the company. Red Badger offers a unique working environment, where you’ll have the opportunity to co-create the employee experience in an innovative way. This is an ideal role for someone looking to grow their career in a dynamic tech business, with a strong focus on putting people first.
- Advising the leadership team on complex HR issues;
- Up-skilling new managers using a coaching approach;
- Driving high-priority People projects;
- Maintaining relationships at all levels of the business;
- Continuously updating the People strategy and sharing it with the leadership team and wider business;
- Ensuring that People practices across the company are compliant with employment law;
- Having oversight of the annual benefits renewal;
- Providing commentary to the leadership team and cell (project team) leadership teams on quarterly People reports and benchmarking Red Badger against the industry;
- Use internal networks, including the monthly Culture Committee, to co-create the employee experience and empower individuals to contribute to change;
- Being a driver for change within a company that is continuously growing and evolving, while helping to shape and grow the company culture;
- Having oversight and driving the internal wellbeing initiatives;
- Managing the annual salary review process, including advising leadership on pay, benefits and performance;
- Monthly sign off on payroll;
- Training and develop the People team;
- Overview of the HR system (BreatheHR) ;
- Overseeing all HR policies and processes, including absence management, annual leave, parental leave, exit interviews and more;
- Continuously working towards policy and process improvement focussing on fit for purpose over best practice;
- Managing the Red Badger sponsorship licence, including liaising with our external visa adviser;
- Advising leadership on career progression; and
- Managing the annual company-wide engagement survey and supporting individual team pulse survey. Using these results to benchmark Red Badger within our industry and to benchmark internal teams.
- Genuine interest in people and their welfare;
- Discretion, integrity and an understanding of confidentiality issues;
- Proactive approach to work, a ‘do-er’;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to form effective working relationships with people at all levels;
- The ability to influence and negotiate tricky situations, considering employment law and previous experience;
- Experience working at Senior HR/People Advisor or HR/People Manager level; and
- Creative/tech background preferable (desirable).
The best bit about Red Badger is, of course, the team. We’ve been around for 9 years now and we are over 110 strong. We are really proud of our team; we support and learn a lot from each other; we work really hard but have fun doing it. We are a diverse group made up of 22 different nationalities, speaking 17 different languages.
We were founded by 3 people who have considerable tech and consultancy experience and still own 100% of the company. We’ve been consistently profitable and have grown responsibly from the beginning.
We are based at Old Street in the heart of “tech city” and get thoroughly stuck in with the brilliant community around us. We run several meetups including the hugely popular React London, invite other groups to host their events in our office such as Lua London and Ladies Who Code and speak at events like Digital Shoreditch and LNUG.
We make sure our team is well looked after with generous salaries and a great benefits package which includes:
- Annual £2K training budget
- Generous Pension
- Group Life Insurance
- Income Replacement Benefit
- Critical Illness Cover
- Private Medical Insurance
- Your choice of hardware and mobile phone
- Matched (pre-tax) charity PAYE donations
- Open source contribution scheme
Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments at any point in the interview process. Red Badger is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we're dedicated to hiring and developing a diverse workforce.
< See all vacancies
How to Apply
If you'd like to know more or you want to apply please get in touch with your CV, Stackoverflow profile, Github, code, portfolio and anything else you think we might be interested in.