Principal Delivery Consultant
We are looking for a Principal Delivery Consultant with a strong track record of large-scale delivery experience to ensure successful delivery of programmes of work at Red Badger.
As a Principal, you are a discipline expert. You set the benchmark for quality and best practice. You are passionate about what you do and motivate those around you. You are a strong consultant who can foster positive and trusted relationships with our clients.
Red Badger is well known for Delivery and solving the most complex technical and product problems. We successfully deliver, using lean and agile techniques, focusing on user value and building quality into everything we do. As Principal Delivery Consultant you will take responsibility for the quality of delivery across a client engagement with multiple cross-functional teams, maintaining alignment with Red Badger ways of working, while empowering the Delivery Leads to drive quality and product delivery.
You will be reporting into the Business Unit (Cell) Delivery Director, working closely with a cross-functional leadership team consisting of Cell MD, Delivery Director, Technology Director and Product Director and other Principal roles.
- You are focused on data-driven delivery, use data to drive your decisions and help others to do the same.
- You can understand and forecast key deliverables and communicate a project’s status clearly with senior stakeholders. When you see risks to delivery, you help teams mitigate them.
- You are able to tailor your message to suit your audience’s needs using your exceptional communication, negotiation and facilitation skills.
- Comfortable operating in ambiguity, you have a proven track record of delivering quality digital products in complex environments, through all phases of a product’s lifecycle.
- Outcome and value-driven, you can clearly articulate the user and business value of the work your teams have delivered.
- You are comfortable managing, coaching and mentoring other Delivery Leads, helping them to elevate themselves and contribute to larger programme goals in a multi-team engagement.
- You’re an agile and lean advocate that can coach and educate without being dogmatic. You are able to adapt frameworks and share knowledge and understanding to ensure we’re delivering the right thing, the right way.
- You have previously had roles such as Delivery Manager, Head of Delivery or Programme Manager, and have been involved in or led large scale transformation projects, ideally as a consultant.
- You're honest and tell things as they are in an approachable and down-to-earth manner. You have clear points-of-view to give others direction and purpose.
- You are proactive, always learning and are curious to test and continuously improve what you do, and how you do it. You take others on that journey with you.
- You embody Red Badger’s principles and encourage these traits in others.
- Management of project/programme finances and working with cell leadership to drive account profitability
- Be accountable for delivery quality across the client engagement
- Ensuring consistency of approach and a clear governance framework
- Enabling continuous improvement and high quality outcomes through the promotion of lead agile methodologies
- Driving successful project delivery, collaborating within a team of Delivery Leads
- Champion the Delivery discipline on complex digital transformation projects
- Setting and implementing a delivery strategy for clients to solve large scale and complex problems
- Aligning stakeholders across the client organisation with the delivery strategy by contextualising your decisions, influencing and diplomacy
- Communicate with confidence to a broad range of stakeholders and client teams
- Become a trusted advisor to our clients by collaborating with them to deliver business and user value
Build Red Badger capability
- Caring for peoples’ careers and wellbeing, with the potential for line management responsibilities
- Providing discipline coaching and mentoring, supporting and inspiring all the Delivery Leads within the client engagement
Contribute to Red Badger’s place in the industry
- Provide Delivery discipline thought leadership and contribute to the growth of Red Badger brand in the industry
- Champion Red Badger’s ways of working: cross-functional teams, continuously delivering value, building quality
- Be an ambassador for Red Badger, and an advocate for ‘doing the right thing’, ‘doing the thing right’ by supporting and enabling others to do so
The best bit about Red Badger is, of course, the team. We’ve been around for 10 years now and we are over 130 strong. We are really proud of our people; we support and learn a lot from each other; we work really hard but have fun doing it. We are a diverse group made up of 22 different nationalities, speaking 17 different languages.
Our 3 founders, Dave, Cain and Stu, who have considerable tech and consultancy experience and still own 100% of the company. We’ve been consistently profitable and have grown responsibly from the beginning
We are based at Old Street in the heart of “tech city” and get thoroughly stuck in with the brilliant community around us. We run several meet-ups including the hugely popular React London, invite other groups to host their events in our office such as Lua London and Ladies Who Code and speak at events like Digital Shoreditch and LNUG.
Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments at any point in the interview process.
Red Badger is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we're dedicated to hiring and developing a diverse workforce.
< See all vacancies
How to Apply
If you'd like to know more or you want to apply please get in touch with your CV, Stackoverflow profile, Github, code, portfolio and anything else you think we might be interested in.