We’re looking for a Principal Engineer to join our digital product delivery function, Red Badger deliver high quality digital products using lean delivery process and multidisciplinary, cross-functional teams.
The Principal role help set teams up for success in development and operation of digital products. You will collaborate with the Principal Design and Delivery roles and engage with client stake-holders on key topics such as continuous delivery, deployment, technology adoption and policy to give delivery teams space and autonomy to thrive. Your depth of insight and experience will also support practice progression within the delivery teams. And you will win trust by working with the teams, especially Tech Leads and Delivery Leads, to establish the most valuable enablers to pursue. Hands on work is expected to be part of the role, and an essential way to lead by example.
What we need from you is experience in the below:
- Experience with multiple programming languages, in web, mobile and/or frontend
- Influential in establishing good engineering practice
- Able to influence senior client stakeholders and support teams with technology and process enablers to support continuous delivery and DevOps ways of working
- Experience with infrastructure such as Azure, GCP, AWS, and understanding of progressive ways of managing infrastructure, such as infrastructure-as-code.
- An understanding of information security including common attack vectors
- Awareness of relevant regulation and restrictions
- Experience in establishing appropriate SLOs and error budgets for services and applications
The best bit about Red Badger is, of course, the team. We’ve been around for 9+ years now and we are over 120 strong. We are really proud of our people; we support and learn a lot from each other; we work really hard but have fun doing it. We are a diverse group made up of 22 different nationalities, speaking 17 different languages.
Our 3 founders, Dave, Cain and Stu, who have considerable tech and consultancy experience and still own 100% of the company. We’ve been consistently profitable and have grown responsibly from the beginning.
We are based at Old Street in the heart of “tech city” and get thoroughly stuck in with the brilliant community around us. We run several meetups including the hugely popular React London, invite other groups to host their events in our office such as Lua London and Ladies Who Code and speak at events like Digital Shoreditch and LNUG.
Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments at any point in the interview process.
Red Badger is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we're dedicated to hiring and developing a diverse workforce.
< See all vacancies
How to Apply
If you'd like to know more or you want to apply please get in touch with your CV, Stackoverflow profile, Github, code, portfolio and anything else you think we might be interested in.