Principal UX Consultant
Start Date - 15/022019
End Date - 18/03/2019
Salary - £75k
Location – Old Street, London
We are looking for a Principal UX Consultant with a strong understanding of Design Thinking and Lean UX to help lead a product development project.
You are a people person. As a trusted consultant, you develop a rapport with your clients and help the through the product development process. You work closely with you team to be a champion of user needs and the product vision so that your team can deliver the right thing in the right way. You take great pride in creating a great product as part of your team and with your clients. You mentor junior members of the design guild and are actively involved in cultivating Red Badger design principles.
What we need from you, is some experience with the below;
- 7+ years of experience
- In-depth knowledge of Human Centred Design and Design Thinking
- Experience working closely with engineers and QA
- Experience working in a client site, presenting design concepts and running workshops
- Experience in leading design on a project
- Knowledge of industry-standard tools, such as Sketch, plus aptitude to learn something new
- Experience designing mobile-first responsive sites
- Experience designing mobile native apps
- Experience with user testing at various levels of fidelity - from guerilla user testing to lab testing
- An ability to work closely with a team as a sole UX Designer
As this is a Senior UX consultant role, some of your responsibilities will look like this;
- Managing design stakeholders
- Designing and facilitating workshops and design sprints
- Conducting user research and user testing
- Consulting a product owner with backlog prioritisation
- Designing user experience
- Prototyping at various levels of fidelity - from paper to hi-fi click-throughs
- Identifying metrics with a Data Analyst
- Auditing existing user experience
- Coaching clients or your team to help them exercise Design Thinking, Lean, and Human Centred Design.
- Supporting Design Directors for sales activities
About Red Badger
The best bit about Red Badger is, of course, the team. We’ve been around for 7 years now and we are nearly 90 strong. We are really proud of our team; we support and learn a lot from each other; we work really hard but have fun doing it. We are a diverse group made up of 22 different nationalities, speaking 17 different languages.
We were founded by 3 guys who have considerable tech and consultancy experience and still own 100% of the company. We’ve been consistently profitable and have grown responsibly from the beginning.
We are based at Old Street in the heart of “tech city” and get thoroughly stuck in with the brilliant community around us. We run several meetups including the hugely popular React London, invite other groups to host their events in our office such as Lua London and Ladies Who Code and speak at events like Digital Shoreditch and LNUG.
We make sure our team is well looked after with generous salaries and a great benefits package which includes -
- Annual £2K training budget
- Generous Pension
- Group Life Insurance
- Income Replacement Benefit
- Critical Illness Cover
- Private Medical Insurance
- Your choice of hardware and mobile phone
- Matched (pre-tax) charity GAYE donations
- Open source contribution scheme
Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments at any point in the interview process.
Red Badger is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we're dedicated to hiring and developing a diverse workforce.
Find out more about our team in our company video.
Want to understand our hiring process? We wrote a blog about it here
< See all vacancies
How to Apply
If you'd like to know more or you want to apply please get in touch with your CV, Stackoverflow profile, Github, code, portfolio and anything else you think we might be interested in.