We are looking for a Mid-Level Product Designer with a strong understanding of Design Thinking and Lean UX to help deliver digital products at Red Badger.
The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful design, possess superior UI skills and be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artefacts, and transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces.
You are a people person. As a trusted consultant, you develop a rapport with your clients and help them through the product development process. You work closely with your team to be a champion of user needs and the product vision so that your team can deliver the right thing in the right way. You take great pride in creating a great product as a part of your team and with your clients. You are actively involved in propagating Red Badger design principles.
- Engaging with design stakeholders
- Help designing and facilitating workshops and design sprints
- Pairing with a UX designer to create optimum user experience
- Work with user research and evaluate and implement user feedback
- Prototyping at various fidelity – from paper to high fidelity click-throughs
- Executing all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
- Auditing existing design systems and UI
- Coaching clients or your team to help them exercise Design Thinking, Lean, and Human Centred Design
- 3+ years of experience
- You get stuff done! As demonstrated by working as a UI Designer in high performing teams that have built, deployed, and iterated-on mass-market hardware or software applications
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- Good knowledge of Human Centred Design and Design Thinking
- Experience working closely with engineers and QA
- You are experienced with agile methodology and data-informed product development
- Experience working in a client site, presenting design concepts and running workshops
- Knowledge of industry-standard tools, such as Sketch, inVision plus aptitude to learn something new
- Experience designing mobile first responsive sites
- Experience designing mobile native apps
- Experience with user testing at various fidelity - from guerilla user testing to lab testing
- An ability to work closely with a cross functional team as a sole Product Designer
The best bit about Red Badger is, of course, the team. We’ve been around for 9+ years now and we are over 120 strong. We are really proud of our people; we support and learn a lot from each other; we work really hard but have fun doing it. We are a diverse group made up of 22 different nationalities, speaking 17 different languages.
Our 3 founders, Dave, Cain and Stu, who have considerable tech and consultancy experience and still own 100% of the company. We’ve been consistently profitable and have grown responsibly from the beginning
We are based at Old Street in the heart of “tech city” and get thoroughly stuck in with the brilliant community around us. We run several meet-ups including the hugely popular React London, invite other groups to host their events in our office such as Lua London and Ladies Who Code and speak at events like Digital Shoreditch and LNUG.
We make sure our team is well looked after with generous salaries and a great benefits package which includes
- Annual £2K training budget
- Generous Pension
- Group Life Insurance
- Income Replacement Benefit
- Critical Illness Cover
- Private Medical Insurance
- Your choice of hardware and mobile phone
- Matched (pre-tax) charity PAYE donations
- Cycle to work
- Enhanced parental leave
Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments at any point in the interview process.
Red Badger is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we're dedicated to hiring and developing a diverse workforce.
< See all vacancies
How to Apply
If you'd like to know more or you want to apply please get in touch with your CV, Stackoverflow profile, Github, code, portfolio and anything else you think we might be interested in.