We are looking for an experienced Recruitment Manager from a Digital / Tech background to head up the recruitment function within Red Badger’s People and Culture team. Working closely with the senior leadership team, hiring managers, and the rest of the People and Culture Team, you will be responsible for driving all recruitment initiatives across the business in a human centric as well as data-driven approach.
You will be reporting into the Director of People and Culture, and managing and coaching a team of four to elevate their careers. We value collaboration, diversity and inclusion and lean approach as a company and the recruitment team is no different.
- Provide leadership to help define and drive company-wide recruitment strategy
- Help implement the company-wide Diversity and Inclusion strategy to recruitment
- Working closely with hiring managers and the recruitment team, help derive hiring strategy for each role
- Report and analyse recruitment data, and help Red Badger make data-driven decisions
- Work closely with the Marketing team to define and drive communication strategy
Care for people
- Line manage, coach and support members of the recruitment team in achieving their goals
- Provide leadership and drive a culture of joy, quality and growth within the team
- Being an advocate and ambassador for the recruitment team
Ways of working
- Be a part of the recruitment team and collaborate
- Apply lean approaches to recruitment and constantly improve ways of working
- Ensure alignment with those outside of the team through collaboration and good communication
- Support the team on the ground when required
- Evaluate and improve recruitment processes and systems
- You’re excited by the challenges and opportunities presented by the current climate
- You’re a strong advocate of Diversity and Inclusive hiring practices
- You’re a leader who cares about people, their general well being and enabling them to reach their career goals.
- You're a people person. At Red Badger this means people management and caring for peoples’ careers. You create environments in which they can grow and perform their best work.
- You are always learning and are curious to test and continuously improve what you do, and how you do it. You take others on that journey with you.
- You use data to drive your decisions.
- You’re proactive and are always looking for ways to make things better.
- You're honest and tell things as they are in an approachable and down-to-earth manner. You have clear points-of-view to give others direction and purpose.
- You want to play a key role in the future success of Red Badger and can demonstrate getting involved in strategic initiatives that contribute to a company’s growth.
- You embody Red Badger’s principles and encourage these traits in others.
- Have multiple experiences working strategically and leading projects
- Have managed and coached a small recruitment team
- Have experience in designing a report for recruitment activities
- Have experience in implementing new processes, tools, platforms etc
- Have worked roles in tech industry - especially for Software Engineers
- Have a round understanding of modern Digital Product Development processes and tools
The best bit about Red Badger is, of course, the team. We’ve been around for 10+ years now and we are over 100 strong. We are really proud of our people; we support and learn a lot from each other; we work really hard but have fun doing it. We are a diverse group made up of 22 different nationalities, speaking 17 different languages.
Our 3 founders, Dave, Cain and Stu, who have considerable tech and consultancy experience and still own 100% of the company. We’ve been consistently profitable and have grown responsibly from the beginning
We are based at Old Street in the heart of “tech city” and get thoroughly stuck in with the brilliant community around us. We run several meetups including the hugely popular React London, invite other groups to host their events in our office such as Lua London and Ladies Who Code and speak at events like Digital Shoreditch and LNUG.
We make sure our team is well looked after with generous salaries and a great benefits package which includes
- Annual £2K training budget
- Generous Pension
- Group Life Insurance
- Income Replacement Benefit
- Critical Illness Cover
- Private Medical Insurance
- Your choice of hardware and mobile phone
- Matched (pre-tax) charity PAYE donations
- Cycle to work
- Enhanced parental leave
Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments at any point in the interview process.
Red Badger is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we're dedicated to hiring and developing a diverse workforce.
< See all vacancies
How to Apply
If you'd like to know more or you want to apply please get in touch with your CV, Stackoverflow profile, Github, code, portfolio and anything else you think we might be interested in.