Senior UX Designer
We are looking for a Senior UX Designer with a strong understanding of Design Thinking and Lean UX to help lead a product development project.
You are reporting into a Design Director, working closely within a cross-functional project team that typically consists of a Delivery Lead, Software Engineers, Testers, Product Designer, Product Owner and Data Analyst, to help our clients deliver great, human-centred products.
You are a people person. As a trusted consultant, you develop a rapport with your clients and help them through the product development process. You work closely with your team to be a champion of user needs and the product vision so that your team can deliver the right thing in the right way. You take great pride in creating a great product as a part of your team and with your clients. You mentor more junior members of the design guild and are actively involved in cultivating Red Badger design principles.
You are a great storyteller and a communicator. You can facilitate workshops confidently and plan discovery/innovation activities. You sit with engineers and testers on a daily basis to innovate and ensure the quality of the products. You know the importance of an outcome-focused mindset while producing enough output to support the communications.
- Managing design stakeholders
- Designing and facilitating workshops and design sprints
- Conducting user research and user testing
- Consulting a product owner with backlog prioritisation
- Designing user experience
- Prototyping at various levels of fidelity - from paper to hi-fi click-throughs
- Identifying metrics with a Data Analyst
- Auditing existing user experience
- Coaching clients or your team to help them exercise Design Thinking, Lean, and Human Centred Design.
- Supporting Design Directors for sales activities
- 7+ years of experience
- In-depth knowledge of Human Centred Design and Design Thinking
- Experience working closely with engineers and QA
- Experience working in a client site, presenting design concepts and running workshops
- Experience in leading design on a project
- Knowledge of industry-standard tools, such as Sketch, plus aptitude to learn something new
- Experience designing mobile-first responsive sites
- Experience designing mobile native apps
- Experience with user testing at various levels of fidelity - from guerilla user testing to lab testing
- An ability to work closely with a team as a sole UX Designer
- Experience with HTML/CSS
- Experience in public speaking
- Experience teaching in relevant fields
We make sure our team is well looked after with generous salaries and a great benefits package which includes -
- Annual £2K training budget
- Generous Pension
- Group Life Insurance
- Income Replacement Benefit
- Critical Illness Cover
- Private Medical Insurance
- Your choice of hardware and mobile phone
- Matched (pre tax) charity PAYE donations
Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments ahead of your screening calls or in person interview.
Red Badger is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we're dedicated to hiring and developing a diverse workforce
Find out more about your new team in our company video.
Want to understand our hiring process? We wrote a blog about it here
< See all vacancies
How to Apply
If you'd like to know more or you want to apply please get in touch with your CV, Stackoverflow profile, Github, code, portfolio and anything else you think we might be interested in.