Software Engineer Mid 2
Start Date - 31/01/2019
End Date - 05/03/2019
Location – Old Street, London
We are looking for a software engineer to join our passionate, lean, agile, fast growing and tech-loving team on a permanent basis. The projects we are working on are innovative with amazing frontend design and UX.You will be a polyglot with extensive experience across a wide range of technologies and projects and will relish tackling
You’ll be comfortable designing and articulating solutions, working closely with clients to ensure we’re delivering the right thing in the right way. Understanding that delivering quality, working software, which meets the user’s needs, is paramount.
- Ability to adapt to new languages and frameworks.
- Working collaboratively in a cross functional team of, designers, engineers, QA & cell directors.
- Pair programming with other members of the team including designers.
- Working with Agile principles and in Kanban.
- Constructing pipelines of components.
- Coach & support peers.
- Ability to articulate server & client technology landscapes against project objectives.
What we need from you, is some experience with the below:
- Angular, React, Redux, jQuery
- NodeJS, Express, TypeScript
- React.js, Elm, Flow
- Sass, CSS Modules, CSS-in-JS, PostCSS
- Mocha, Sinon, Chai,
- Agile & Kanban
- Docker, AWS Stack, Kubernetes, Jenkins
- Responsive (and Adaptive) Layouts
- RESTful APIs
- Unit testing & TDD
About Red Badger
The best bit about Red Badger is, of course, the team. We’ve been around for 7 years now and we are nearly 90 strong. We are really proud of our team; we support and learn a lot from each other; we work really hard but have fun doing it. We are a diverse group made up of 22 different nationalities, speaking 17 different languages.
We were founded by 3 guys who have considerable tech and consultancy experience and still own 100% of the company. We’ve been consistently profitable and have grown responsibly from the beginning.
We are based at Old Street in the heart of “tech city” and get thoroughly stuck in with the brilliant community around us. We run several meetups including the hugely popular React London, invite other groups to host their events in our office such as Lua London and Ladies Who Code and speak at events like Digital Shoreditch and LNUG.
We make sure our team is well looked after with generous salaries and a great benefits package which includes -
- Annual £2K training budget
- Generous Pension
- Group Life Insurance
- Income Replacement Benefit
- Critical Illness Cover
- Private Medical Insurance
- Your choice of hardware and mobile phone
- Matched (pre-tax) charity GAYE donations
- Open source contribution scheme
Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments at any point in the interview process.
Red Badger is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we're dedicated to hiring and developing a diverse workforce.
Find out more about our team in our company video.
Want to understand our hiring process? We wrote a blog about it here
< See all vacancies
How to Apply
If you'd like to know more or you want to apply please get in touch with your CV, Stackoverflow profile, Github, code, portfolio and anything else you think we might be interested in.