We are people people.
Our work is built on the respect we have for each other and our clients. We’re also very focused on the needs of our clients’ customers. We take pride in creating a great product as part of a cross-functional team, side-by-side with engineers and testers, and with your clients. Teamwork is at the heart of Badger culture.
We always find a way.
As individuals we are proactive, that’s how we earn and build the trust of our clients. We are friendly, collaborative and care a lot about what we do. We are empowered and can work autonomously within the context of our team.
We are honest.
We’re relied upon to tell things as they are. We do so in an approachable and down-to-earth manner. As trusted consultants, we help our clients through the product development process. We communicate well and can advocate our design decisions with wider teams.
We are always learning.
We’re curious. It’s how we learn and grow as individuals, continuously testing and improving what we do, and how we do it. Giving constructive feedback is part of our routine.
- 3+ years of experience in a UX role
- You get stuff done! As demonstrated by working as a UX Designer in high-performing teams that have built, deployed, and iterated on hardware or software applications
- Experience working side by side with UI designers, engineers and Quality Analysts within cross-functional agile teams
- Experience working on client site, presenting design concepts and facilitating workshops
- Good knowledge of Human-Centred Design and Service Design methods
- Knowledge of industry-standard tools, such as Sketch, plus aptitude to learn new things
- Experience with user testing at various levels of fidelity - from guerilla user testing to lab testing
- Experience designing mobile-first responsive sites or mobile native apps
- Experience auditing existing user experience
- Experience with designing for accessibility needs
- Ability to give constructive feedback and set out a plan based on feedback received
The best bit about Red Badger is, of course, the team. We’ve been around for 9+ years now and we are over 120 strong. We are really proud of our people; we support and learn a lot from each other; we work really hard but have fun doing it. We are a diverse group made up of 22 different nationalities, speaking 17 different languages.
Our 3 founders, Dave, Cain and Stu, who have considerable tech and consultancy experience and still own 100% of the company. We’ve been consistently profitable and have grown responsibly from the beginning.
We are based at Old Street in the heart of “tech city” and get thoroughly stuck in with the brilliant community around us. We run several meetups including the hugely popular React London, invite other groups to host their events in our office such as Lua London and Ladies Who Code and speak at events like Digital Shoreditch and LNUG.
Red Badger is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we're dedicated to hiring and developing a diverse workforce.
< See all vacancies
How to Apply
If you'd like to know more or you want to apply please get in touch with your CV, Stackoverflow profile, Github, code, portfolio and anything else you think we might be interested in.